8/25/2017

a summer read... 

Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson (2014)
I'm drawn to those novels using a generational story-line... a plus with "Chateau"  is the french countryside setting! 
Enjoying how the author alternates chapters using the 1940's WWII era and a contemporary timeline. Set at a provincial family estate in Normandy during the German occupation it includes the intrigue of the French resistance.  The story's main characters include both the youthful Giselle and her granddaughter Chloe.  Chloe's search to unravel her grandmother's long untold mysterious past leads to a shocking family secret.   Hard to put down.

I rarely read in bed.  Mostly, I'm sitting by an open window with morning coffee or by a warming fire in cooler weather.  My favorite is the front porch swing, especially in late afternoon when I can also glance up and watch the songbirds visiting the birdbath, wave to neighbors jogging by, and share a few words with those walking their dogs or pushing baby strollers.  

So where is your favorite spot
to enjoy the magic of reading?



Love this pendant,

“I do not read because I have renounced life;
I read because one life is just not enough for me.”

and don't forget to wear your tiara when reading
gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment